Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Product Review: BeautyCounter Lip Sheer "Twig"

I tried a new product from BeautyCounter. One of their Lip Sheers. This color was featured in Allure magazine. From the website:


Our team worked meticulously to create the ultimate lipstick: the perfect mix of sheer color and polished sheen. The result? A formula that feels lightweight yet luxurious on lips while moisturizing and conditioning, too. Each of the six universally-flattering shades was color-tested to make sure every hue complements all skin tones.

Ingredients: Diisotearyl Malate, Jojoba Esters, Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilcate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuba) Wax, Tin Oxide. May Contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

$28


Here's their professional photo:



Looking at it, Twig is a VERY neutral color. I wasn't entirely sure how it would look on me. Smelling it, it smells amazing. A sweet vanilla scent. Here's the one I have. 





And here comes the test. In both pictures I've only put the color on the bottom lip so you can see the difference between my natural lip color and the lip sheer and see how much color is being applied. The first picture is when I first put it on. The second is after a few minutes. (pardon the quality, first time blogging and whatnot)






My initial thoughts: Uh... That's BROWN. Like, 90's brown. Oh great. My mom already ordered this color and I'm not sure now that she's going to like it. I walked away from the mirror and came back after a couple minutes. Hm. The color has settled down. If you look closely, the first picture looks more brown and the second picture is more rosy. (I'm hoping you can see it.) I like the color. And it feels really nice on my lips. Very moisturizing. Pretty much exactly like if you were to put actual butter on your lips. I think I'm changing my mind about this. I think their claim to complement all skin tones holds up.

So if you end up trying this and it doesn't look quite right at first, give it a couple minutes. It might just take a little time to settle in and blend with your skin tone. I'm excited to try the other colors now.

Also, just spoke with my mom and she said she really likes the way it feels and she can't decide if she likes the color better when she first puts it on or once it's settled. Either way she likes the way it looks.

If you're interested, you can purchase this product through me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment