Sunday, October 19, 2014

Product Review: BeautyCounter Hydrate Everyday Body Lotion

From the website:

Our lightweight citrus-mint body lotion is like a drink of water for thirsty skin. Made with a moisturizing blend of marula, mongongo, and safflower oils plus shea and jojoba butters, this fast-absorbing formula feels rich and nourishing. Perfect for everyday use and packed with antioxidants, amino and fatty acids to soften and condition skin. 
Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Linoleic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Olivate, Carbomer, Sorbitan Olivate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Squalane, Allantoin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Hydrolyzed Amaranth Protein, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract. 

$22



When I first put it in my hand, a lot more came out than I was expecting. It seemed pretty thin, but not watery. Starting to rub it in, I noticed I would need to move some up onto my arms to get it all absorbed. The amount you see in the photo was able to go up to my elbows. It smells great, though. A nice creamy citrus.

Once it's absorbed, which doesn't take long, it feels really nice. It feels soft and smooth, not greasy or oily. I made my husband try it. He hates lotion. He hates the moist feeling it leaves. But he actually didn't mind this. So that's a win for me! His hands are always very dry. In the winter especially, he complains of them hurting because they're so dry. But he refuses to use lotion, or he'll make faces or complain when I make him put it on. So I'm hoping this winter it will be easier to get him to use it if he doesn't mind it.

I really think this is one of my favorite products so far. I like it a lot. And I like to keep lotion everywhere: the bathrooms, living room, my bedroom, the cars. So I think I'm going to need to get a few bottles so I can have them all where I like :)

Hydrate Everyday Body Lotion


No comments:

Post a Comment