Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How Many Products Do You Really Use?

BeautyCounter made a claim that on average, women use 12 products a day. When I first heard that, I was like, "Yeah right. They're exaggerating. Or they're talking about high maintenance women. Certainly *I* don't use that many products in a day". So I decided to actually evaluate how many different things I put on my body every day. I'm a full-time mom, so most of these things I don't use all the time, and I state that and put an asterisk next to the number to indicate that it's not used regularly. Now, let me walk you through my routine.


Most days, I take a shower. First I use shampoo (1) then conditioner (2). Then I wash my body with body wash (3). Then I focus on my face with face wash (4) and scrub (5). Then I like to use baby wash (6) that is maybe a little more gentle on my lady bits.  



Once I get out of the shower, one of the first things I put on is deodorant (7). Then if I had makeup on, i'll use makeup remover (8*) to get rid of the black under my eyes. I do normally use coconut oil, but sometimes I use this CoverGirl stuff, just because I bought it and I don't want to waste it. If I shaved my legs, I'll put lotion (9*) on them. I just use body wash to shave, so that's already counted.




I just started regularly using a serum (10) and eye cream (11). And of course, face lotion (12).



If I decide I want makeup on, I use foundation (13*), mascara (14*) and a brow pencil (15*). If I want to feel extra pretty, I'll add blush (16*), maybe eyeliner (17*) and a couple different colors of eyeshadow, no more than three (20*). When I put lipstick on, I like to put chapstick (21) on first (which I use daily anyway), then use a lipliner (22*), followed by the lipstick (23*).


Now when I do my hair, I use some kind of mousse (24*), then blow dry. I style with a pomade (25*) and hairspray (26*).


If I'm going on a date with my man person I might want to spritz on a little perfume (27*). 

YIKES! How in the world did I get to own so much crap?? So basically, at the very least, I use nine products every day. And the most, 26. Wow. I honestly couldn't tell you what is in most of it, and I put that on my skin, my largest organ, so it's soaking up all those unknown chemicals. I feel SO pretty when I do all of that, but I'm a bit disgusted thinking about what I'm putting on myself. 

So tell me. How many products do you have that you use regularly? You might be just as surprised as I was once you go through it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment